Monday, January 24, 2011
Omija-hwachae is omija punch blended with omija liquid and honey or sugar, and garnished with carved pear. Omija-hwachae is a cold drink that is typically enjoyed in the summer. It has a beautiful color and is high in organic acids which are good for relieving physical fatigue and quenching thirst.
- 20 g (1/5cups) Omija400 g (2 cups) water
- 36 g (3 tbsp) sugar
- 38 g (2 tbsp) honey
- 125 g (¼ ea) pear
- 3.5 g (1 tsp) pine nuts
|AMT after cook||AMT per 1||Temp.||Heat time||Cook time||Cooker|
|480g(4 portions)||120g||4~10℃||0 min||5 Hour|
1. Wash the Omija, remove foreign elements, drain water on a strainer.
2. Add water to the Omija and let it sit for 12 hours. 【Photo 1】
3. Remove tops of pine nuts, wipe the nuts with dry cotton cloths.
1. When the Omija soaked fully, filter through cotton cloths (352 g). 【Photo 2】
2. Add sugar and honey to the Omija water. 【Photo 3】
3. Put the Omija water into a punch bowl, topping with pear and pine nuts. 【Photo 4】
|0min||Preparing Omija Soaking Omija. Preparing pine nuts||H-Heat 8 min, M-Heat 3 min, L-Heat 10 min|
|720min||Filtering Omija water. Adding sugar and honey|
|730min||Carving pear as flower shape|
|740min||Topping with pear flower and pine nuts|
1. Seasonal fruits will be suitable for the season.