Friday, January 21, 2011
Omijapyeon is a Korean cookie made of a mixture of omija liquid, mung bean starch and sugar, that is boiled down into a jelly. It has a pretty color and shape, soft texture, and sweet and sour taste. Omija is a fruit that has five tastes. The skin is sour and sweet, the stone is spicy and bitter, and the whole body is salty.
- 33 g (⅓ cup) Omija400 g (2 cups) water
- 32 g (4 tbsp) mung bean starch
- 53 g (⅓ cups) sugar
- 1 g (¼ tsp) salt
|AMT after cook||AMT per 1||Temp.||Heat time||Cook time||Cooker|
|240g(4 portions)||60g||15~25℃||12 min||5 Hour||18cm pot|
1. Wash Omija cleanly, soak in water for 12 hours. Sieve the water through cotton cloths (300 g (1½ cup)). 【Photos 1】
2. Mix mung bean starch with 100 g of Omija water thoroughly.
1. Put sugar and salt into the 200g (1 cup) of Omija water, boil it for 5 min. on medium heat, then add mung bean starch dissolved in Omija water, boil it with stirring for 5 min. on low heat. 【Photo 2】
2. When the liquid concentrated into droplet viscosity, steam for 2 min. Pour into a square container and let it be solidified. 【Photo 3】
3. When it solidified as jelly, cut into 3 cm-wide by 4 cm-long. 【Photo 4】
|Preparation||Trimming Omija, Mixing mung bean starch with Omija water|
|0min||Boiling Omija water Boiling after adding mung bean starch liquid||M-heat 5 min. L-heat 5 min.|
|10min||Steaming. Solidified Cutting Omija jelly||L-heat 2min.|
1. mija cookies may be served with plentiful shred chestnut and/or fruits on the bottom.