Friday, July 02, 2010
Beef and Vegetables Brochette
Hwayangjeok is a dish made of boiled beef and ingredients in five colors such as seasoned bellflower roots, brown oak mushrooms, carrots, cucumbers and eggs that are then skewered. There are many different kinds of jeok depending on the ingredients.
- 100 g beef (top round)
- 15 g (3 sheets) brown oak mushrooms
- seasoning sauce
18 g (1 tbsp) soy sauce
6 g (½ tbsp) sugar
2.3 g (½ tsp) minced green onion
1.4 g (¼ tsp) minced garlic
1 g (½ tsp) sesame salt
0.3 g (⅛ tsp) ground black pepper
6.5 g (½ tbsp) sesame oil
– 100 g skinned bellflower roots2 g (½ tsp) salt
- 100 g (½ ea) cucumber 1 g (¼ tsp) salt
- 50 g (½ ea) carrot
2 g (½ tsp) salt
200 g (1 cup) water
– 180 g (3 ea) egg1 g (¼ tsp) salt
- 26 g (1 tbsp) edible oil
- 8 pieces skewers
- pine nuts juice
9 g (1 tbsp) pine nuts powder
23 g (1½ tbsp) broth
1 g (¼ tsp) salt
|AMT after cook||AMT per 1||Temp.||Heat time||Cook time||Cooker|
|220g(4 portions)||55g||15~25℃||13 min||2 Hour||30cm pan|
1. Clean blood of beef with cotton cloths, slice it into 7 cm-wide/long and 0.5 cm-thick, chop them slightly, season with ⅔ of seasoning sauce.
2. Soak mushrooms in water for 1 hour, remove the stems, wipe water with cotton cloths (35 g). Shred into 1 cm-wide and season with the remained ⅓ of seasoning sauce. 【Photo 2】
3. Wash the bellflower roots cleanly and cut into 1 cm-wide, 0.6 cm-thick and 6 cm-long (38 g). Marinate with salt for 5 min.
4. Wash carrot and cucumber and cut them into same size of bellflower roots (carrot 30 g, cucumber 32 g). Marinate cucumber with salt for 2 min. wipe water off.
5. Panfry eggs into 0.5 cm-thick for yellow/white egg garnish, and cut into 1 cm-wide and 6 cm-long. 【Photo 3】
6. Blend pine nuts juice.
1. Pour water in the pot and heat it up for 2 min. on high heat. When it boils, add salt, then scald bellflower roots and carrot respectively for 1 min. each. 【Photo 4】
2. Preheat the frying pan and oil, stir-fry bellflower roots, carrot and cucumber respectively for 1 min. each, on high heat. 【Photo 5】
3. Preheat the frying pan, lower the heat to medium, fry beef for 4 min. for each side, cut into 1 cm-wide and 6 cm-long.
4. Preheat the frying pan and oil, stir-fry brown oak mushrooms for 2 min. on medium heat.
5. Skewer prepared stuffs, matching color. Place them on a dish roundly and draw a line with pine nuts juice on it.
|Preparation||Trimming beef, mushrooms and vegetables Scalding bellflower roots and carrot|
|0 min||Stir-frying bellflower roots, carrot and cucumber Pan-frying beef and brown oak mushrooms||H-heat 4 min. H-heat 3 min. M-heat 6 min.|
|10 min||Skewering and placing on a dish|
1.After frying, vegetables should be spreaded out on a dish and cool to prevent discoloration.
2.Pine nuts powder may be sprinkled instead of pine nuts juice.