Wednesday, July 07, 2010
Hobakjuk is a porridge of boiled and sieved pumpkin, sweet red beans, soybean and rice cake balls. Hobakjuk is a typical Korean porridge; it stimulates the appetite with its sweetness and tender color. Hobakjuk is low calories and a good diet food.
- 700 g (½ ea) sweet pumpkin
1kg (5 cups) steaming water
400g (2 cups) side water
- 25g red bean
200g (1 cup) scalding water
800g (4 cups) boiling water
- 15g kidney bean 800 g (4 cups) water
- 100 g (1 cup) glutinous rice powder 150 g (¾ cups) water
- rice cake ball dough
75 g (¾ cups) glutinous rice powder
0.5 g (⅛ tsp) salt
20 g (1⅓ tbsp) water
- 500 g (2½ cups) water
- 36 g (3 tbsp) sugar
- 4g (1 tsp) salt
|AMT after cook||AMT per 1||Temp.||Heat time||Cook time||Cooker|
|1.4kg(4 portion)||350g||60~65℃||2 Hour 17 Min.||3 Hour||20㎝ Pot, 26cm Steam|
1. Wash and clean the sweet pumpkin, halve the pumpkin, scrape inside stuffs out. (600 g)
2. Mix glutinous rice powder with water uniformly.
1. Pour water in the pot and heat it up for 5 min. on high heat. When it boils, put the sweet pumpkin, steam for 15 min. 【Photo 1】
2. Scrape the flesh out (420 g), grind it finely in a mixer with water for 2 min. 【Photo 2】
3. Put the scalding water and red bean in the pot and heat it up for 5 min. on high heat. When it boils, discard the water, add new boiling water. Boil it for 20 min. on medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, boil it for 20 min. more(42 g).
4. Put water and kidney beans in the pot and boil it on high heat for 5 min. Reduce the heat to medium and boil it for 30 min(28 g).
5. 5. Sprinkle salt to the glutinous rice powder and knead with hot water. Shape rice cake ball into 1.5 cm-diameter (around 4~5 g of weight)(20 balls).【Photo 3】
6. Put the ground sweet pumpkin and water in the pot. Heat it up for 10 min. on high heat. When it boils, reduce the heat to medium, add the mixture of rice powder and water. Boil it for 5 min. with stirring not to be lumped. 【Photo 3】
7. When it boils, reduce the heat to low, cover the lid on to be steamed. Boil it for 20 min. with stirring occasionally. Add the red bean and kidney bean. When it boils, add rice cake balls and boil it for 5 min. on medium heat. 【Photo 4】
8. When the porridge is well-done, season with sugar and salt. Bring it to a boil once more.
|ready||Trimming sweet pumpkin, Mixing glutinous rice powder with water|
|0min||Grinding sweet pumpkin after steaming||H-Heat 20 min.|
|20min||Boiling red bean||H-Heat 5 min, M-Heat 20 min. L-Heat 20 min.|
|60min||Boiling kidney bean. Shaping rice cake balls||H-Heat 5 min. M-Heat 30 min.|
|100min||Boiling porridge. Steaming for well-done||H-Heat 10 min. M-Heat 5 min. L-Heat 20 min.|
|130min||Seasoning after putting red bean, kidney bean and rice cake balls||M-Heat 7 min.|
1.Mixing ratio of pumpkin and glutinous rice powder may be varied upon taste.
2.Rice cake balls may be eliminated upon taste.